So not too long ago someone asked me who was my favorite Batman vs. Superman. I lean towards Superman but not enough to say he’s a definitive favorite, and I couldn’t really answer why.
So with the news on how the Superman movie is getting all fucked up. I put more thought into why I can’t choose between Batman and Superman.
I finally have an answer, Batman is who I am. He’s angry, brooding, and almost merciless. He has a deep love for his city, but yet he hates it. He’s materialistic (80% of the time he could get away with a baseball bat and a Toyota instead of all of his gadgets). He’s rebellious and often gets in trouble with authority figures.
Batman is constantly trying to get a moment back that will never ever come back, and instead of carrying on with his life he reacts and tries to go for something that he would call justice.
That’s me, I’m Batman without all the punching.
Superman is the person I want to be. Selfless, good, and kind. He helps people for the sake of helping people. He finds a way to work with everyone and is an example for something to strive for.
Superman is hope. He is a savior, and a true protector.
So that’s my answer.
21 Notes/ Hide
- tmoneyman likes this
- srmanniac likes this
- lukemeintheeye likes this
- midsummertrickster likes this
- midsummertrickster reblogged this from thenameismylo
- englishivy94 reblogged this from thenameismylo
- alejandra-439 likes this
- durancer likes this
- amouria reblogged this from since1938
- i-rise-to-fall-again likes this
- cynicallyproven reblogged this from since1938
- zeldass likes this
- medialover23 likes this
- chrisluvstommy reblogged this from since1938
- chrisluvstommy likes this
- celticbabe reblogged this from since1938
- celticbabe likes this
- kimmiecoo reblogged this from since1938
- kimmiecoo likes this
- since1938 reblogged this from thenameismylo
- baudyhallee reblogged this from thenameismylo
- thenameismylo posted this